- Bukoba is a medium-sized town on the western shore of Lake Victoria in the Kagera
region of northwest Tanzania.
- Bukoba is about a six-hour journey from Kampala by road, and a one-hour
flight from Mwanza.
- Bukoba boasts a pleasant climate year round, historic buildings, scenic
overlooks from the hills, and abundant bird life.
- Until June 2001 the University was temporarily housed at the ELCT Nyumba
ya Vijana in the town centre.
- From July 2001 to September 2002, administrative offices are temporarily located on Ghana Road in
the former Immigration Building (near the Regional
- Renovations are ongoing at the new campus on Kashozi Road, Kyanyi, 1.5 km from
centre. The new campus will open in October, 2002.
The following additions will be made to the university campus in the
- Classrooms/Seminar Rooms: There are several seminar rooms with capacities
of about 30 people each.
- Lecture Rooms: There is one lecture hall with a capacity of 100 people.
- Library: The library currently has over 1000 books, and the library building can accommodate 30 people and 10,000
- Science Laboratories: There are laboratories for biology, chemistry, physics
and environmental science.
- Computer Laboratory: The computer building has space for at least 30
- Administrative Block: There is adequate space for faculty and staff
- Food and Accommodation: Facilities will include a cafeteria and student
- Sport and Leisure: Facilities will include a track, tennis court, football
pitch, netball pitch basketball court and volleyball court.